#WhoseWorldAreYou photo competition terms and conditions
- This competition is open to residents of Bedfordshire aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Bedfordshire Police, Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue, Bedford Borough Council, Central Bedfordshire Council and Luton Borough Council and their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted via the noted force social media accounts. To enter, competitors must post their photo to the forces @bedspolice Twitter or Beds Police Facebook using the hashtag #WhoseWorldAreYou.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bedfordshire Police and the Bedfordshire Road Safety Partnership to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and social media accounts and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the promoter. The winning entry will be the image that is judged to best deliver the message to bikers that to the world they’re just one person, but to one person they’re the world. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
- The winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- One entrant shall win £200 worth of motorcycle shop vouchers to be purchased by Bedfordshire Road Safety Partnership.
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
- The winner’s name may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to; Corporate Communications Department, Bedfordshire Police Headquarters, Woburn Road, Kempston, Bedfordshire, MK43 9AX.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
You are providing your information to Bedfordshire Police and not to any other party.
The image and information (your name and the names of the image subjects) provided by you will be retained securely on force servers for two years from the competition closing date and used for future motorcycle campaigns on force social media accounts during that time. After this time your personal data (including image) will be erased from the force server. Submission of an entry will be taken as you opting in to this use of your data.
Should you wish to have your data removed from our server, including the removing your permission for us to use your image, please email email@example.com.
The promoter is Bedfordshire Police, Bedfordshire, Woburn Road, Kempston, Bedfordshire, MK43 9AX.