BCJB’s core membership is made up of the following:
- Bedfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner (Chair)
- Assistant Chief Constable, Bedfordshire Police
- Chief Crown Prosecutor, Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Thames and Chiltern Area Head of Crime, Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) for Bedfordshire
- Deputy Director (South East), National Probation Service
- Chief Executive, BeNCH Community Rehabilitation Company Governor, HMP Bedford
- Head of Service, Bedfordshire Youth Offending Service
- OPCC Head Of Victim Support & Community Grant
- Head of Service, Luton Youth Offending Service
- Divisional Manager, Victim Support Bedfordshire
- Representative chair of the three Beds Community Safety Partnerships
- The Citizen's Advice Bureau
- Witness Service Chair of BCJB Victims and Witness Group
- Chair of BCJB Reducing Re-Offending Group
- Chair of Joint Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Efficiency Group
The following will also be invited to attend meetings and contribute to the work of the Board:
- A representative from the Legal Aid Agency
- Chief Superintendent responsible for the collaborated tri-force Criminal Justice portfolio
- Clerk to the Justices for HMCTS Bedfordshire
Invitations to attend BCJB meetings by representatives from the Community Safety Partnerships, the defence community or other relevant groups will be made where relevant topics are to be discussed and these additional partners could add value to the discussions and decision-making. Visitors at meetings will not be able to cast a vote. The BCJB cannot meet any expenses in respect of visitors’ attendance.
The core members of the BCJB will have the power to co-opt any partner to the Board on a temporary or permanent basis where his/ her work impacts on that of the Board, and the co-opted person must be proposed and seconded by two core member of the Board and elected as a member, for either a temporary or permanent period of time, by a majority of the core membership.
The Police and Crime Commissioner’s place on the Board is for the current term of their office and will be reviewed in advance of upcoming elections to the post.