Skip to content Quick exit

Report anti-social behaviour

If you are experiencing problems with anti-social behaviour, or have any concerns about it, or other community safety issues, you should contact your local council or call the police.

Contacting the council

Your local council can offer help with lots of different types of ASB which affect the area that you live in or you can make a report online.

Contacting the police

You should call the police if the offender:

  • is violent, threatening or abusive
  • is harassing you, particularly if the harassment is sexual, or because of your sexuality, religion or ethnic background
  • is breaching the peace (being disorderly in the street or making a lot of noise)
  • is driving vehicles dangerously or inappropriately
  • is making you feel alarmed, harassed or distressed by taking part in prostitution, begging or sleeping rough
  • is causing nuisance by street drinking or committing an offence by drinking in an alcohol-free zone
  • is breaking the law in any other way is at serious risk of causing harm to themselves or others or - if you suspect this.

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if you think there is a crime in progress.

You can contact your local community policing team directly to report anti-social behaviour.

You can also contact Crimestoppers to report a crime anonymously. They will pass the information about the crime to the police.

Telephone: 0800 555 111


Our website uses cookies to improve your experience.