Equality Act Duties
- Eliminate Unlawful Discrimination
- Advance Equality of Opportunity
- Foster Good RelationsProtected Characteristics1.
- Religion or Belief
- Pregnancy & Maternity
- Sexual Orientation
- Marriage and Civil Partnerships
- Gender Reassignment
The Equality Act 2010 covers the same groups that were protected by existing equality legislation – age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
These are now called ‘Protected Characteristics’.
- Objective 1 (External) – Improve the ways in which people with “Protected Characteristics” (Equality Act) and Bedfordshire Police interact and work together to improve service delivery.
- Objective 2 (External) - Improve the ways we support vulnerable victims.
- Objective 3 (External) - Satisfaction
- Objective 4 (Internal) - Building a Diverse Workforce
- Objective 5 (Internal) - Workforce Satisfaction
- Objective 6 (Internal) - Integrating Equality into Core Business