We will achieve a positive shift in our workplace culture where people, regardless of their background, feel confident to disclose their protected characteristics.
To have a representative workforce, we will...
- Ensure that our workforce is, appropriately, more reflective of the communities we serve.
- Increase the confidence of our workforce to declare their personal identity without fear of prejudice.
- Actively encourage staff and officers from under- represented groups to develop into specialist roles and leadership positions.
To eradicate the disproportionality in the retention rates of staff and officers of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic compared to their majority ethnic counterparts, we will...
- Listen with the aim to understand particular needs.
- Signpost access to development opportunities.
- Provide support regarding individual goals.
To increase the number and proportion ofstaff and officers of Black and Asian originand their minority ethnic counterparts, we will...
- Encourage existing Black, Asian and other minority ethnic colleagues to talkto their families and friends about joining Bedfordshire Police.
- Partner with organisations concerned with Bedfordshire’s Black, Asian and otherminority ethnic communities to promote Bedfordshire Police as a career choice.