We will achieve a positive shift in our workplace culture where people, regardless of their background, feel confident to disclose their protected characteristics.
To improve inclusive culture, we will...
- Improve the confidence of staff to share the barriers they face.
- Recognise that everyone has different lives; shaped by uniquedifferences that benefit the organisation.
- Develop and closely monitor a diversity dashboard to ensure progress.
- Hold an annual Bedfordshire Police Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Conferenc
Every leader will be given the time to invest in an inclusive leadership development programme. This programme will:
- Support and increase cultural intelligence and understanding.
- Give leaders the tools to lead inclusive teams where no-one is left behind.
- Give leaders plannedreflection and refresher milestones.
For police staff and officers
All police officers and staff, will participate in an inclusion programme. This programme will:
- Increase their cultural intelligence and understanding.
- Increase their ability to give and receive feedback.
- Provide them with the tools to challenge behaviours that prevent inclusivity in the workplace.