Firearms legislation states that any transaction related to a firearm or shotgun, even if it occurred abroad, should be notified to us.
You must tell us within seven days of any firearm or shotgun transactions such as;
- buying a firearm or shotgun
- selling a firearm or shotgun
- hiring a firearm or shotgun
- losing a firearm or shotgun
- inheriting a firearm or shotgun
- disposing of a firearm or shotgun
- find your firearm or shotgun has been stolen - but, if you have concerns for safety please call 999.
Firearm or shotgun transaction advice
You can give, sell or transfer the ownership of a You may give, sell or transfer the ownership of a 'section 2' shotgun to another shotgun certificate holder or registered firearms dealer.
If you wish to give, sell or transfer the ownership of a 'Section 1' firearm, you must ensure that the person you are passing it to has a valid certificate authorising the acquisition and possession of such a weapon.
Transaction notification form
If any of the above transactions have happened, please download, completed and return the notify of a firearm or shotgun transaction form.
Firearms and Explosives Licensing Department
Hertfordshire Constabulary Headquarters
Welwyn Garden City