Also in this section:

12 May 2017

 

Two men locked up for online child sex offences

 

Two men have been jailed for online child sex offences this week thanks to two separate investigations carried out by the Internet Child Abuse Investigation Team (ICAIT).

 

Andrew Stryczko, 56, of Bower Street, Bedford, was sentenced to two years in prison on Wednesday (10 May) after being found guilty of possessing more than 6,000 indecent images of children. stryczko

 

Following his arrest, police also discovered that Stryczko had been using the devices to share the indecent images with others and discussed horrific child abuse with more than 100 people.

 

Investigation Officer Emma Shipton, from the Bedfordshire Police Internet Child Abuse Investigation Team (ICAIT) said: “Real children suffer from real harm as a result of the abhorrent actions of people like Stryczko.



“Here at Bedfordshire Police we are absolutely committed to tackling those who think it is acceptable to carry out these sickening offences and we are working hard to bring individuals such as Stryczko to justice, while protecting other children from suffering harm.”

 

craig hall

On Thursday (11 May), 44-year-old Craig Hall, of High Road, Sandy, was jailed for two years and made to sign the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years after trying to persuade someone who he believed to be 12 years old to engage in sexual activity with him.

 

Hall struck up with a conversation with someone online, who he believed to be 12 years old, and sent her sexually explicit messages as well as tried to persuade her to carry out a sexual act on him in exchange for money.

 

In fact he was talking to a 17-year-old woman online, who had lied about her in age in order to deter Hall from speaking to her.

 

The woman then reported Hall to Bedfordshire Police and an investigation was subsequently launched.

 

Investigation Officer Nicky Owen, from the Internet Child Abuse Investigation Team (ICAIT), said: “Behaviour such as this is completely unacceptable and it’s only right and proper that we thoroughly investigate sexual predators such as Hall, in order to ensure that they are made to pay the price for their actions.”

 

Earlier this week the force launched Operation Netsafe, a regional campaign to tackle the viewing, making, and sharing indecent images of children.

The force is working with others in the Eastern region, alongside the charity the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, to promote this important issue.


ICAIT Detective Sergeant Graeme Twyford said: “The viewing and sharing of indecent images is a crime – causing severe trauma to countless children as a result of the thousands of people wanting to see such images. There’s also a very fine line between the viewing of these images, and the decision to contact a child and attempt to engage them in sexual activity.

“Resources are available for those who are worried about either their own, or a loved one’s behaviour or thoughts, and I think it’s really important that we let people know that help is available in a bid to help prevent the risk of the offending.”


Find out more about Operation Netsafe.